ACLENet works with Governments
ACLENet works with governments to:
1. Assess the impact of lightning on their citizens and economy.
2. Improve the availability of accurate lightning data, weather forecasting, and warnings.
3. Assist governments with public education to decrease lightning injuries, deaths and property damage. Assist with lightning disaster prevention.
4. Adopt internationally recognized lightning protection standards consistent with IEC 62305-1,2,3,4 (International Electrotechnical Commission lightning standard) as part of their building codes. Additionally, work towards implementation and enforcement of these standards.
5. Improve engineering training and professional qualifications in lightning protection.
6. Assist in the design of standards-compliant lightning protection systems for schools and other important buildings.
GOOD NEWS! - A Memorandum of Understanding between ACLENet and the Ministries of Education and Sports (MoES) and of Disaster Preparedness and Refugees (MoDPR) has been signed forming a partnership to do lightning safety public education and improve and standardize lightning protection for all Uganda schools. -- More to come on this after the Covid-19 pandemic precautions dissipate.